Frequently Asked Questions
I will ask you about your organizing goals, specific projects you have in mind, as well as any obstacles which may be preventing you from getting or staying organized. Depending on the scope of the project and the service area, I may ask you to send pictures (for planning purposes only) or elect to schedule an in-home consultation.
The first appointment is a hands-on organizing session, usually lasting 3 – 4 hours. Hourly rates vary with the scope of the project. Although I am able to work longer sessions, I find that many people’s energy levels and productivity tend to drop after 4 hours.
Don’t do anything!
- Don't clean up – I need to see what "normal" looks like.
- Don't buy any storage containers – That is the last step in the process. (Plus, I like to reuse and repurpose containers you already have)
- Don't be embarrassed - I’ve seen all kinds of clutter. I will not be shocked nor surprised – no shame, no blame, no judgement!
- Don't be concerned about sharing personal information – I have the highest regard for client confidentiality and adhere to the Code of Ethics set forth by the National Association of Productivity & Organizing Professionals (NAPO), of which I am a member.
Only if you choose to. You have the final say on any action taken. I have my clients look at their possessions and answer Four Basic Questions:
- Do I need it?
- Do I use it?
- Do I love it?
- Do I have an accessible home for it?
This helps them discover what is truly important so the decision to keep or release things becomes much clearer.
That depends on several factors, mainly the size of the room and the amount of clutter. How quickly you are able to make decisions also comes into play, as you are in complete control of that process. If you would like to involve other family members in the organizing sessions, or are willing to do “homework” in between sessions, that speeds up the project. Know that I value your time and budget, and will do my best to keep you on task.
I generally work within a 1 hour drive of Hillsborough, NJ. I am happy to travel farther than that, however, a travel fee may apply. Most of the towns in Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Somerset and Union counties in New Jersey fall within this 1 hour range.
Towns that I work in include (but are not limited to): Basking Ridge, Bedminster, Belle Mead, Bernardsville, Branchburg, Bridgewater, Far Hills, Flemington, Hillsborough, Manville, Middlesex, Montgomery, Peapack-Gladstone, Princeton, Raritan, Readington, Somerset and Somerville.
Please Contact Me if you have any questions about the territory I cover.